Tuesday 16 October 2018

The Negativity Roots To Positivity


Hi everybody,

This was not the initial intended next post of my blog. I had a Eureka moment yesterday. It’s been bothering me ever since – so it clearly needs to come out as part of a priority post list I am trying to get through.

In my last post, I discussed how frightened I can be when it comes to disclosing my disability.

Yes, I am not ashamed of my disability. You shouldn’t be either. Discussing my disability has now become second nature. There’s just one major problem for me. 

I’ve been surrounded by positive language in my household. That changes when I leave my house. For the first 15 years of my education, where it is spent elsewhere of my home, it exposes me to negative language, which for a young girl, I wasn’t ready for. Turning 18 poses different challenges. I was lucky that things got better.

The truth is that I’ve become so accustomed to negative language. The saddest thing is that even if I discuss something with someone I love, trust and respect, I’m always ready for negative response. I am always trying to indirectly say “This is what I need, I hope it isn’t too much to ask”, even when I know that it isn’t, and that they will most likely say yes. 

I was surrounded by words like “troublemaker“, “difficult“ and “demanding”, and I even sometimes labelled myself a “nuisance“ for speaking up. Since I was three years old.

I put walls up. I still play 20 different situations in my head before I think about speaking to somebody on the phone, or in an email.

It’s stressful. 
It’s a waste of my time.
It’s psychologically damaging.
It’s a constant battle within yourself before you actually deal with the situation itself.

It’s constantly thinking about the can’t’s, shouldn’t’s and won’t’s. Of course, that’s far from what is needed. It’s unsupportive. It’s “all in your head“ until you say what you want to say.


Most importantly, it requires courage. When you’re regularly tired, it’s hard to have courage.

I promise you that courage is important. Always have it. Do what is best for you. And yes, of course, negativity slows down the whole process. Nothing is a walk in the park.

It’s a painful fight, but it has made me a stronger person every day.

People will say no. But don’t stop fighting. If it’s something you really care about, like my purpose for this campaign - keep going.

Keep on speaking up. You deserve what you need to survive - equipment. Personal care. The Right Words for the Right Mind. 

Use the root of negative language for Positivity to give you Possibilities, because it will surely lead you to Prosperity!

Raisa X

#RightWordsRightMind
#PositivityPossibilitiesProsperity

No comments:

Post a Comment